Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ten: Offices



What makes an amazing office? 

Nicole’s 5 Picks


For me, the ideal home office would have a comfy cozy reading nook like this one. Similar to most people, I get my best ideas while I’m thinking away in bed at night! The custom bookcase is ideal for storing all those design books and other accessories.


Lucious, exotic, GLAM! I’m having a total DALLIANCE with this office! It has all the right balance of textures and luxury that a girl could want without being too over the top feminine. But hey if you like girly add some more color and some crystal and of course your highest heels.


Okay, you want polished and feminine? Here it is, in Khloe Kardashian’s office! (SIGH) Where to begin…how about that amazing purple chevron on the wingback and who said you can’t have a crystal chandelier in your office!


I have to give it to Kelly Wearstler with this design. Not too many people have the gumption to design an office this powerful, but if you do go for it! If you do prefer this look, why not start off with a draw-dropping piece of art like Wearstler. Oh, and do I even have to mention the vintage sputnik.



I do love me a good sawhorse desk! And this polished silver one by William Sonoma gives just the right grace and sophistication to use in any space. Add two contrasting chairs and a perfect swing arm lamp to the generally traditional bones of the room and we got harmony.


Steph’s 5 Picks



What's more attractive than a statement wing chair upholstered in blue leather?
I could spend hours in this office, with the desk in perfect placement in front of the floor to ceiling glass window. 


Interior designer Kishani Perera proves that the office space doesn't have to be so serious. This feminine space has all of the perfect elements, from the muave velvet chair with upholstered arms to the gold peacock mirror.
 

Wall of framed sketches..fun. Zebra rug..love. Lacquered walls..yes please.
Show off your personality with funky and unexpected pieces.



What a great way to display your collection 
of books with a sexy black lacquered bookcase. This space captures all of the perfect elements that I'm hoping to have in my much need office makeover.