Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ICFF: INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY FURNITURE FAIR, ESKAYEL


I just went to the Jacob Javits Center to see the International Contemporary Furniture Fair, and it was really amazing! Not even as close to being as big as market in High Point, but very different, in a good way. I got to see a lot of new innovation, for one, there was a ton of new product using laser cut cardboard, which means people are really looking into sustainability! Totally dig that. But I would have to say that one of my favorite new discoveries was Eskayel Studio watercolor inspired wallpapers. If you know me, you know how much I love watercolor (our header was done using watercolor). Eskayel founder, Shanan Campanaro, started as a textile fashion designer, but quickly moved into the world of interiors after experimenting with digital prints of her watercolor artwork. I for one am in love with the Madagascar collection (above), its A-MA-ZING!! However, I don't think their photographs online really do the wallpaper justice, you really need to see the beauty of it in person. So if you love watercolor, I would highly suggest getting some samples from them! Way to go Eskayel, I'll be looking forward to what you come up with next!!

Stay tuned for more from the ICFF!