Friday, July 22, 2011

IKEA KITCHENS

So I was on bloglovin the other day, when I cam across Erin Gates blog, Elements of Style. Not only is she a great writer and stylist but I often learn something from her. Well, the other day Erin posted about Ikea Kitchen (see link here), and really opened y eyes up. Working with a kitchen and bathroom designer, I know how expensive kitchen cabinets can get. But without all the positive comments left by Erin's readers I don't think I would have ever realized that there is a way to get my dream kitchen some day, because I have always been skeptical about Ikea. Turns out they are of decent construction and a fraction of the price of custom cabinetry. One reader even said she has had her Ikea kitchen for over 15 years now, and the great thing is you can go back to Ikea whenever and reface the doors. The key is to get the cabinets hung by a professional so that they are really secure to the wall. 

But what makes this so great is that by spending less on the cabinets you can really splurge on the jewelry of the kitchen, like the hardware, lighting, backsplash, and countertops!! And I am a huge believer in mixing high and low items together. Hell, you could even have a professional come in and lacquer those cabinets for you if you wanted.


IKEA KITCHEN