Wednesday, November 16, 2011

LIVING ROOM INSPIRED BY MY NEW OVER-DYE RUG

As many of you know I finally got my over-dye rug and its everything and more! But I can't help but think how I will use the rug when I move out. For starters, it's huge and has a beautiful central pattern on it, so I think it would be perfect in a living room. So now I'm already brainstorming about how I will style the room using inspiration from my file of pictures and furniture that I have been collecting for about 5 years.



For starters I have been drooling over this bathroom by Thom Filicia ever since I bought his book a couple years ago. It's got the most amazing hammered copper tub but what I am really inspired by is that mosaic mirror tile border!!!! Ever since I laid my eye on this impactful detail I promised myself that I would make it happen somewhere, somehow. And paired with the perfect cream grasscloth and intricate millwork it will make this jewel-box of a living room shine like a sparkly sparkle!

I'm thinking some clean lined coffered ceilings with the cream grasscloth in between each square will really enhance the grandeur of the room. Maybe not as pronounced as these moldings because I don't want it to take away from the mirror border.


Next, the perfect navy velvet sofa. I've had my eye on the most luxurious Schumacher velvet. 



Here is the look I am going for. Lots of texture, including grasscloth, mirror, hide and lucite mixed with cream blues and greens. Notice the glass and brass cocktail table doesn't hide my amazing rug! Some of the items I have chosen have been on my inspiration list for quite some time, and I figured if I still love them now they are probably a good investment.  

A couple more hidden details to mix in with the story board are...
lucite and brass drapery hardware
The Vivian malachite mirror by Made Goods that I have been lusting after forever now
These insane burnout velvet pillows by Kevin O'Brien




and some driftwood trapped lucite side tables, which probably will never happen because they are insanely expensive. But hey you never know if someone will knock it off for a tenth of the price.