Monday, April 30, 2012

10 INSPIRING DESTINATIONS I AM DETERMINED TO SEE

A couple of my friends and I are planning a trip in August. We haven't determined the destination yet but it looks to be either a trip to Iceland or Norway, Sweden, and possibly Germany all in one. The more I think about it the more excited I get about the amazing experiences traveling can bring you. So I started to determine a list of different places I'd like to visit. I share these places with you in exchange for your own personal traveling experiences and ideas. Any other cool places I should go? Maybe it's an overlooked  museum or a small patisserie for the best croissant in the world. Let me know!!

I bring you my first 3 places today.

#10 The Holi Festival of Coulors, Braj, India

Okay, so I am not Hindu by any means, but this looks like a great time. The Holi Festival is a religious spring festival observed in mainly India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Pakistan. Its a joyous day where everyone comes together and celebrates the coming of the new Spring season, saying goodbye to winter by throwing colored scented powder and having big bon fires. 
Seriously, where else do you get to run around looking like a flying rainbow throwing powder at people?!?!



#9 The Four Seasons in Thailand

The main appeal of this destination is not only it's lavish amenities and accommodations but the ability to get close to the elephants of Thailand's lush jungle. At the Four Seasons's Thailand you will be able to learn how to interact with elephants through Mahout training, including trekking and bathing with the elephants, exploring their homeland. 95% of the elephants in Thailand are domesticated and many are used for labor and/or begging tourists on the streets for money. I know that this type of work isn't the most natural life for the elephants to have, but it is a way of life in Thailand. However, through the Four Seasons adoption program, the hotel has managed to save 10 elephants and care for many abandoned baby elephants on site. Giving tourists an oppurtunity to not only learn but make a difference in these extraordinary animals lives. 

#8 Le Crazy Horse, Paris, France

Of course while in Paris, I'm going to wander about its various museums and historic sites, taking in all its rich history including the infamous Eiffel Tower and the Notre Dame Cathedral. But I really really REALLY want to go see a good old cabaret show. Le Crazy Horse, has been the birth place of burlesque since 1959 by Alain Bernardin, an avant-garde artist. Preferably I'd like to see Dita Von Teese, the queen of burlesque while I am there, but we will just have to see! 



 Any suggestions on small shops, landmarks or restaurants in any of these locations so I can store them away in my travel files?