Monday, March 18, 2013

A WEEKEND OF EATING

I visited with a dear friend who moved to Brooklyn this weekend. A wonderful lady that loves food just as much as me. I'm pretty sure we did a few other things, a bit of shopping hear and there and some exploration, but mostly it was eating and gabbing. 

Saturday night started off a bit like this. A gin and grape soda concoction at Sweet Chick on Bedford. 

I sported my new Ear Cuff from Urban Outfitters. Only $20. 

We had us some Chicken and Waffles, the main attraction at Sweet Chick. 

But it just didn't compare to the Gruyere Mac & Cheese with Ritz breadcrumbs and the biscuits. Honestly I couldn't stop talking about the Mac & Cheese the entire weekend. Obsessed. 

Sunday began with a bit of brunch at SarahBeth's. Sorry no pics, but I can't talk enough about there Four Flowers Juice, a mix of fresh orange, banana, pineapple, and pomegranate juice. INSANELY delicious. 

Then we went to an indoor/outdoor flea market close to Columbus Circle, where my friend found this insane Tiger's eye box for $650. Needless to say we left that one behind, but I'm still dreaming about it. 


We also saw these cool gear lamps. 

A light box at Chelsea market 

Some Anthropologie Stemware. Obsessed. 

Metallic table runner. 

Catherine Malandrino store. 

Next stop, a late lunch at Giovanni Rana Pastificio & Cucina at Chelsea market. We had some insane pasta dishes. 

 And I had, literally, one of the best beers ever. 

 We were nervous about dessert, because it was called Chocolate Salame, but it turns out there was no meat involved at all. Just chocolate and a side of mascarpone.

And then some more shopping ensured, or shall I call it admiring on my end. 

 The Container Store

Mantiques Modern. An unreal antique shop on 22nd and 7th. 
I obviously dressed like I was running the half marathon that day. And did I mention we bumped into Russell Crow?! 

Can't wait to enjoy the city with my friend again when it gets a bit warmer! :)