Saturday, July 13, 2013

THE TOP 10 ENTERTAINMENT CENTERS

Does your idea of watching TV include a built-in unit to accommodate books and media equipment, equipped with a fireplace and adorned with sparkling hardware or is it more of a minimal freestanding console. Either way you prefer spectating, there's one here for you. 

1.
For mwah, if I wasn't renting I would probably choose a built in like the smartly designed space of Frank Cafaro, the owner of soho based Desiron furniture. Clean, dark and handsome, my favorite part is the EcoSmart fireplace and antique mirror backed shelves.  

2.
If I were renting a loft, perhaps this freestanding unit that can be used as a desk would fit my style best. The Mad Men like piece by 7th & Seventh Design can be completely custom designed to any size, but I'm keeping the brass metal details. 

3.
Remember, glass front doors can keep your accessories dust free, and proper interior lighting works best with glass shelves. 
7th & Seventh

4.
This piece, by Redford House Furniture, is one of the best sellers I know when it comes to media consoles. It comes in over 15 different wood and paint finishes and the hardware pulls can come in brass or polished nickel.

5. 
I admire anyone who is willing to paint their units a bold color. Check out this old post.

6. 
If you have the means and you like the mid century look, I'd suggest an upscale veneer. Such as macassar ebony, rosewood or zebrawood. 

7.
If you have a ton of books, interior lighting may not be the best way to go. In that case I would suggest picture lighting. Some really great options can be found at Restoration Hardware for an unbeatable price. 

8.
Vanguard furniture

9.
Old Biscayne custom unit. I've seen this in person, It's absolutely gorgeous. 

10.
And last but not least the stainless steel leather steamer trunk by Restoration Hardware. The price can't be beat and it's got a ton of character.