Thursday, October 24, 2013

AUTUMN INTERIORS

Not only do I get excited for fall fashion this time of year, but my personal interior design style is rooted in the autumn look as well. I guess it's that rustic modern aesthetic that really feels cozy to me. The warm wood tones, the sheepskin rugs, the foliage colors, rustic stone fireplaces, it's all my element. Yet to stay hip, I still need those metallic touches and sleek surfaces.  

Great idea in this first photo. Buy one chair and make two cushions in different colors and fabrics for the changing seasons. 
Zach Desart Photography

Natural barn wood and driftwood has been really prevalent lately, and I think it's here to stay for awhile. 
Rachel Halvorson

Rustic textures work really well with other modern materials and styles. Look at the dining table for example, the materials look industrial but the shape is really contemporary. I'm also pretty in love with that 5 arm chandelier in the adjacent room. 

Updated equestrian.

Could you imagine walking through this when the first snow fall happens?!



M. Elle Designs

Love the plum hues!!
M. Elle Designs

M. Elle Designs

Neptune Kitchens


Why not cover the fridge in some reclaimed wood and slap on some ridiculous hardware. Yes!