Tuesday, December 3, 2013

PATTERN PLAY

If I had the luxury of purchasing a new sofa every couple of years, I would probably go all out and play with some pattern. But the idea of committing to a sofa thats a bit more "one direction" has me a tad reluctant. Chairs and even wallpaper are easy for me, but a patterned fabric on a sofa, not so much. As a designer I'm conflicted. On one side of the spectrum we should be taking more risks and setting the trends, but on the other hand most of us have design schizophrenia! How do you pick just one when you have a 100+ favorites? 

This project is in pattern overload! Although it totally works and I personally love it, I'm not sure I could live with this look for more than 2 years.
ISUWANEE Blog

More bold patterns, layered perfectly together. 
John Knott and John Fondas

I own this Kelly Wearstler Bengal Bazaar fabric in the lilac colorway, but in pillows! I adore them, but it's been two years and I'm already ready to switch them out. Easy fix I can afford. 
Rita Konig

Here are two examples I think I could live with. 
A simple stripe, always a classic...
Houzz

And a tone on tone pattern that feels more like a texture. 
I'm loving everything about this space!
Live Breathe Decor Blog

How do you feel about patterned fabric on your sofa?